Here are the steps to configure Selenium with Perl.
1. Download Active Perl from the link: http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads
2. Install the Perl using the installer.
3. Download Selenium RC Server from link: http://seleniumhq.org/download/
4. Right Click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables.
5. Add/Edit new User Variable ‘PERL5LIB’ to have following path added to it: ‘D:\Automation\selenium-perl-client-driver-1.0.1\lib’
D:\Automation\selenium-perl-client-driver-1.0.1 here is the path to directory selenium-perl-client-driver-1.0.1 which comes bundled as part of Selenium RC Server download.
6. Now open notepad and copy the following script in it and save it e.g. say: firstScript.pl
use strict; use warnings; use Time::HiRes qw(sleep); use Test::WWW::Selenium; use Test::More "no_plan"; my $sel = Test::WWW::Selenium->new( host => "localhost", port => 4444, browser => "*firefox", browser_url => "http://google.com"); $sel->open_ok("/", "true"); pass;
7. Open command prompt. Navigate to path where you have downloaded Selenium RC Server.
8. Change the directory to selenium-server-1.0.3
9. Execute the command java -jar selenium-server.jar
10. Open another command prompt. Navigate to the directory where you have stored your script.
11. Execute the command: perl firstScript.pl and here you are. Your first script will execute successfully.
Hope it helps.